The Council's Mission
- Advocate with and on behalf of aging Georgians and their families to improve their quality of life.
- Educate, advise, inform and make recommendations concerning programs for the elderly in Georgia.
- Serve in an advisory capacity on aging issues to the Governor, General Assembly, Department of Human Services and all other state agencies.
Advocacy efforts include
- Recommending legislation
- Developing and presenting testimony at public hearings
- Training advocates across the state
- Providing leadership to the Coalition of Advocates for Georgia's Elderly (CO-AGE)